Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Neck injury forces HK actress Gillian Chung to stop work





HONG KONG: Hong Kong actress Gillian Chung revealed during an awards presentation ceremony in Hong Kong on Tuesday that she would be taking a break from work as she had painful bone spurs in her neck, reported Chinese media. 


Chung, who was recently in China to shoot a drama serial, explained that her condition was a result of shooting for prolonged periods with a heavy corona on her head.


She did not see a doctor until she returned to Hong Kong as the shooting location was very remote and she was also very tired from the work.


"About one week after I returned to Hong Kong, I had to rest at home every day because of the bone spurs.


"[The doctor said] it is quite serious. Now I can't turn my head without feeling intense pain," the 29-year-old said glumly.


"After a week of rest, I feel a lot better but I still wear a neck brace when I sit down and it can hurt so much that I can't sleep."


Bone spurs are projections that can form on bones when there are changes in bone formations due to trauma or wear and tear. 


They are often found near the joints and typically limit joint movement and cause pain.


Chung expressed that she would have to reject films and commercials that require her to perform large movements due to her condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment